ESSD40 has taken several steps to upgrade and expand wireless network access, broadband internet speeds, and access to district wi-fi. Here is a summary of the available resources and where to find more information.
- All district-issued Wi-Fi enabled student devices are pre-configured for Wi-Fi access.
- Student personal devices are not permitted to connect to district Wi-Fi.
- All district-issued Wi-Fi enabled staff devices are pre-configured for Wi-Fi access.
- Staff personal devices can access district Wi-Fi through the Staff BYOD Access which requires authentication with staff username and password. Follow this link for instructions.
- Guests to the district can access district Wi-Fi through a Guest Login. See instructions here for obtaining a Guest Wi-Fi pass in advance.
- Guests may also login to a district wired computer through the guest login. See the instructions here for the login information.
All district-issued wi-fi enabled devices will automatically connect to any district wi-fi access point at any building. In addition to connectivity inside the buildings, each of the district instructional buildings and administrative offices have an outdoor Wi-Fi access point available 24/7/365.
All devices accessing the internet through district Wi-Fi or wired connectivity are subject to monitoring and content filtering.