|gmail_mailbox by robert llefl|
The most frequent request is to allow access by a long-term substitute while the staff member is out for long-term leave. While the staff member is gone, the substitute--who has his or her own mail account--can monitor the staff member's email. Once the staff member returns, mail delegation to the substitute is removed by the staff member.
Delegates granted access to a staff member's mail can do things like:
- Send or reply to emails that were sent to the staff member. When the delegate sends a message, the delegate's email address will show.
- Read messages sent to the staff member
- Delete messages sent to the staff member
- Manage the staff member's contacts.
Delegates can't do things like:
- Chat with anyone for the staff member
- Change the staff member's Gmail password
- Change the staff member's Gmail account settings
For more information about Gmail mail delegation and setup instructions see the Gmail Help instructions https://support.google.com/mail/answer/138350?hl=en .
Or, check out this YouTube video about mail delegation setup https://youtu.be/wVGqJR57Lcc .