Where did the time go? Members of the Technology department performed the annual summer dance with Maintenance and Custodial staff to complete the marathon of projects. It was a busy one as usual.
- Rewired the Lewis main wiring closet and installed new switches.
- Added network wiring to High School room for offices.
- Installed new and re-positioned existing wireless access points at the Middle School and High School for ELA and FLA classrooms.
- Configured and distributed new iPads, iPad minis, Apple TV's, and laptops to MS ELA classrooms.
- Configured and distributed new iPads, Apple TV's, and web cameras to HS FLA classrooms.
- Updated antivirus software and installed Windows updates on all district laptops.
- Installed a new computer lab for High School Business class.
- Installed new computers in all the HS computer labs. Will continue the new computer installations at the HS through this school year.
- Upgraded many MS computers to Windows 7. Will complete the operating system upgrade during this school year.
- Cleaned the dust filters on all LCD projectors in the district.
- Updated all copier address books.
- Updated course standards in electronic gradebooks.
The Technology department thanks all the Maintenance and Custodial staff who assisted in many of these projects and patiently worked with us to coordinate resources and access to locations.
(Revisit the Summer of 2012 here.)