Tuesday, January 29, 2013

Thanks Everyone



I was thinking this morning about the recent grade cards for my sons.  The grade report was a standards-based report showing their performance for each of the standards.  Both boys had improved in needed areas and the overall reports were ones that made me pleased.  I thought about expressing my appreciation to the people who helped my sons be successful in their academic growth. 

Who should I thank?

The teacher first came to mind.  In my past life, I was a teacher for many years and know first-hand the effort needed each day of school to bring students successfully through a year of school.  But I am aware that the modern teacher is not alone.  Many others provide support and services behind the scenes that give significant resources to teachers.

In the technology department:
  • The technicians who keep the classroom technology such as the computer, mobile devices, and multimedia display systems working on a daily basis.
  • The student information system manager who designs the custom grade card, types every character of every standard into the database, and fields all the teacher questions about the grade book.
  • The systems administrator and network administrator who manage all the switches, routers, servers, firewalls, content filters, etc. that provide teachers and students the robust, reliable network to access a vast web of information and resources.

But wait, there’s more . . .

Every administrator, student services professional and paraprofessional, custodian, maintenance staff member, food service worker, bus driver, substitute, . . . every employee of the school district contributes each day to providing a learning environment for each student in each classroom with each teacher.

So who should I thank?

Thank-you to EVERYONE.

No comments:

Post a Comment